My roommates (I'm not sure why I still call them that as I haven't lived with them for over a year; nonetheless, they will always be my roommates) came to visit good ole' Mantorville Friday and Saturday. It was definitely a bittersweet weekend to say the least. We had delicious tacos for supper and then headed to Chester's Kitchen & Bar by the Peace Plaza for drinks, desserts, and appetizers.

After ordering our drinks and eating our appetizers, it was time for dessert. Nicole and I both chose to go with the chocolate cake, and Katherine and Kallie chose the banana cream pie. Although the waitress suggested we share our desserts, we happily declined. :-)
As you can see, I was REALLY excited about eating this chocolate cake! Did we finish our desserts? No, we all took to-go boxes; however, there's nothing like having a whole dessert to yourself.
After Chester's, we headed back home for a bonfire. Being in the woods provided us four girls with more entertainment than you might think; in fact, we spotted a somewhat large toad, and heard several noises that we can't quite describe. My wonderful friends even surprised me with a "going away" gift that they had engraved.
![]() |
| It's a bookmark with a butterfly on it and a truly sweet saying! Could it be anymore awesome? I think not. It says, "Together forever, never apart." With our initials NAKK. |
Saturday morning, we went to Oxbow park to visit some Minnesota animals. I must say, I never get tired of that place. For lunch, we had a delectable picnic at one of the shelters at the park. I'm so glad that the rain held off so we could enjoy some outside time.
After our early afternoon lunch, we took a stroll around Mantorville Park. Katherine and Kallie were even brave enough to venture across the waterfall.
Walk, walk, walking....

Yay! They made it across safely! I must say, I was a tad worried.
The rest of Saturday was truly splendid. We hung out in my basement and played some games for a bit and then drove to Caribou Coffee for delicious caffeinated beverages before we bid our farewells. I truly have the best friends a girl could ask for; I felt so blessed this weekend.
![]() |
| In front of the fountain at the Peace Plaza. |




No comments:
Post a Comment