Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh, the places you'll go on a tandem bike

I just love Dr. Seuss and couldn't help but incorporate the title of one of his popular books into my blog title! Anyways, this past weekend was truly splendid in several ways. 

Beginning on Saturday morning, Matt and I drove to Old Town and visited the Fort Collins Bike Library. Isn't that the coolest thing ever? Fort Collins has a bike library where you can rent several different kinds of bikes, including a tandem bike which Matt has had his eye on for some time; oh, and it's free too! We picked up our prized tandem bike (which took some practice as it would "fishtail" every now and then if we weren't careful) and tootled around town for a bit. We eventually took the Poudre trail back home and almost ran over a praying mantis with our large bike.


Now I know native Coloradans would probably find this picture silly; however, I've never seen a real praying mantis, so this was pretty cool! 


The bug was determined to climb onto one of our bike tires and was actually somewhat hard to remove!

After a near death experience with the praying mantis, we stopped at Dairy Queen for mini Blizzards before we made it home! 

Oh, and here's my little shout out to one of my best friends, Anna Miller and her husband, Nate, on the birth of their beautiful baby girl, Lillian! I'm so excited for them!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday we did some relaxing before we drove the tandem bike back to Old Town. 

Here we are! The tandem bike was so fun to ride! I'm thinking we just may need to rent it again :-). 








After returning the bike to the library, we had a few minutes to spare before church. We happened upon this store, and I just knew we had to take a look! 



The Butter Cream Cupcakery had several flavors to choose from; however, we decided upon chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting.

And here's the scrumptious, sugary confection! It was pretty spendy for one cupcake, so we decided to share just one. I definitely think we'll be visiting this place again to try more delectable cupcakes. (Erin Badzinski, this store reminded us of you!)  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the non correlated blog pictures. I wanted to post them, so here they are! 

Here is our attempt at banana bread. Matt called his mom several times to make sure we had the ingredients correct. It tasted good, but I think we'd definitely use one more banana (which is what the recipe called for). I also prefer milk chocolate chips verses semi-sweet.
Matt bought me flowers for our one year anniversary of being engaged on September 10th. It's crazy to think it has been that long! Pretty, pretty daisies! 

And last but not least, a YELLOW watermelon! Yes, it's meant to be that color. Matt and I had never seen one, so we were quite surprised to discover the color when we cut into the melon. Apparently, it tastes more "honey-like" :-)

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good." - Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm sure the cupcake was delish. Then just today I was asked to make the cupcakes for Homecoming at school!! I think it's pretty cool! Plus I get paid! :)

    ReplyDelete